Tuesday 19 August 2014

A Little Smile

Hello there! I am here with some crafty eye candy for you a little later than planned today! It's been a bit of a whirlwind morning as I had to be up to take Evan to tennis with a packed lunch, then come home and tidy round as I am looking after a friends 2 children today while she is at work. Plus my Dad came to do the garden and I have been in and out with various loads of washing trying to make the most of the sunshine and blustery winds, not to mention that I now have a HUGE pile of holiday ironing!

I made this card a couple of weeks ago whilst I was at Sarah-Jane's house. This stamp set - A Little Smile - didn't really appeal to me until I saw a gorgeous card made by my talented downline Maria and I knew I just had to have it! Does that happen to you too?????
 It takes a lot of colouring and I admit I had a little boo boo when I didn't allow enough time for the ink to dry and I had a bit of a colour running problem near the hedgehog on the left! The stamp only has the one larger flower but I had to stamp another and cut it out and glue it to the card to cover the boo boo!!!! To colour this image I used watercolour paper with Stazon ink and then the Aquapainters with the ink pads.
The background was created using Rose Red card and the Petite Petals stamp set and some doodling around the edges. Hope you like this make, would love to know what you think. Will be back later with the supplies list as I have 3 children who need lunch!!!

Julie
shop now
supplies

No comments:

Post a Comment