Wednesday 13 February 2013

The cutest card ever????

Hello there!! Its my favourite weekday of the week today!! Love my Wednesdays! I have my food shopping delivered, have a dance lesson, my boys go to my Mum and Dads for tea (so I get a bit more "me" time) and then its dance practise with my partner tonight!!

Today I am sharing what I think is one of the cutest cards EVER!!! I cannot take one bit of credit for it! The original card came from a swap from one of my talented team members Angie Hutton, she is actually my Stampin Up Granddaughter!!! You can find her lovely blog HERE

 She made over 40 of these for our Team Training - WOW what a lot of work!! I just loved it and asked Angie if I could CASE it and here is my effort for our Male themed Tuesday Club last night.


Just how cute is it?? 


 Have to point out that I the marks and white stuff around the sentiment is supposed to be there so it looks like it is a well used chalkboard!!


I think all the ladies liked it although they didnt enjoy the threading of the Bakers twine!!!


If you would like to replicate this then Angie has a tutorial on her blog and another example of a girly design!


The items used predominantly in this project are the Pretty Petites set with the matching punch. You can earn these free with a spend of £45. Please note you would have to spend £90 to get both. A huge thank you to Angie for the inspiration!!!

Julie x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated) 
1. Card – Basic Black, Crumb Cake
 2. Papers – In Colour DSP, GLimmer Card
 3. Stamps – Wacky Wishes (hostess), Pretty Petites (SAB), A Fitting Occasion, For my Family, Woodgrain background stamp
 4. Embellishments – Sycamore Street buttons (SAB), Linen Thread, Bakers Twine
 5. Tools – Petite Curly Label punch, Star punch, 3/4 circle punch
 6. Mediums – White Enboss powder, Versamark, Lucky Limeade ink, Island Indigo ink, Crumb Cake ink

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, love your little chalkboard card, the banner is gorgeous. It is a great compliment that you cased it so I am very flattered. To make threading the banner easier I used a little tea light (any candle will do though)and dipped the end of the twine in the melted wax, it sets in seconds and makes it a doddle to thread through the little holes. Hope this helps. Thanks again, Angie. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, I love your little chalkbard version, the banner is gorgeous! Thank you for casing it I am very flattered. A little tip for threading the bakers twine and linen thread. I used a little tea light (though any candle will do) and dipped the end in the melted wax, it sets/hardens in seconds and should now make threading a doddle! Angie. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this card that has inspired me : i've lifted it for my nephew and if you want you can see it on my blog.
    Thanks again.
    Love from France

    ReplyDelete