Thursday 20 September 2012

Calendar Girls

Hello there! I am a little late posting today after a later night last night as I went to see some friends and fellow theatre company members in a production of Calendar Girls. Some of my fellow Full Monty friends were in the show and it was fantastic. I laughed so loud, what a tonic!!

Anyway I made them a card and left it with someone who was selling programmes so I hope they got it OK.

This card is made with some retiring product and also something new from the upcoming Annual Catalogue on 1st October!


For those of you who know the stage production of Calendar Girls, sunflowers play a very important role in the play so they had to be on the card. I made them using the Flower Daisies 2 die which is on the retirement list at the moment. Its reduced to £12.71 so its a great bargain for 3 different sized flowers. Please contact me if you would like to order it, order going in this evening!


The background paper is from the Neutrals DSP stack and is Crumb Cake, mixed with Daffodil Delight. The centres of the sunflowers were made using some Early Espresso card, punched out with a 3/4 inch punch and then I ran them through the square lattice embossing folder.


The gorgeous numbers are a sneak peek from a new stamp set called Memorable Moments, which I LOVE!!!!! The ribbon is also new!! Yummy!

Hope you like it and hope the Calendar Girls did too!

Julie x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated) 
1. Card – Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla
 2. Papers – Crumb Cake DSP stack
 3. Stamps – Memorable Moments
 4. Embellishments – Daffodil Delight Stitched Grosgrain ribbon
 5. Tools – Flower Daisies 2 die, Framelits, 3/4 inch circle punch
 6. Mediums – Early Espresso ink pad

1 comment: