Tuesday 16 March 2010

Flat Bow Tutorial

Hello hello, its another bright day here today!!! Hope its nice where you are?
A few people have asked me how to do the flat bows which I have featured on the card below!
So I have done a mini tutorial for you!
I find that grosgrain ribbon works best for this and I have used Stampin Up Regal Rose. Start by cutting a piece that is 15cm long and one about 4.5cm long.
Put a piece of Double sided tape on the end, the DST should be no bigger than a cm.


Peel off the tape and stick together like this to make a loop!

Take the smaller piece and add a piece of DST along the whole of the piece of tape!


Take your loop bit and flatten it with the joint at the back in the centre and then after you have peeled the tape off the small piece lay it over the middle of the flattened bow. You can use the lines of the grosgrain to make sure it is straight!

Then simply tape the ends round the back of the bow and there you have a flat bow all ready to go on your card!

I hope you have found this helpful, please leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by!
Jules xx

25 comments:

  1. ooo gonna try that out!! thanks juls! p.s where did you get your blog design from!! tis ace!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks it was very helpfull
    Sandrine (Belgium )

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing that bow tutorial - very useful as a change from tied bows or knots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :) Very pretty bow:)

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tutorial Julie, I have tried unsuccessfully to re-create these many times, but now should get it spot on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great tip, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clear, great tut! lovely down here today too,
    Hugs S.J. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. Who would have thought it was so easy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tutorial for lovely bows. Thanks

    Hugs Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for showing this Julie. It ok when you show us but when we get back home trying to remember is the difficult part.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for showing us this Julie. It seems easy when you show us but when we get back home it is hard to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this Julie I will share this with my crafting ladies - they are so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that is so much easier than how I have attempted them in the past. I have brought the 2 ends to the middle and then added a bit to cover it up. That looks much easier!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Julie for showing how to do this. It makes it real easy that I must now try this way. Thanks again.
    Maureen.........x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jules
    Thanks for showing us how to do this. I will be trying it on my cards now. Speak soon
    Hugs -x-

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an easy way to do a really
    effective bow, will go and start
    practising

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was useful abd the baby card looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow cute card, will have to try the bow, sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Jules i'll be having a go at these very soon.Di.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great! that is so much easier than a tied bow - which I never can get right!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the tutorial Julie. I had wondered how people made such flat bows!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, you made that look so easy! gonna have to try that one now!
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so going to try this out tomorrow when I get crafty. Thank you.
    Alison, Lyon, France

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brill, just tried it and then made a few more. So professional looking. Many Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you, so simple when someone shows you. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete