Monday 3 August 2015

Graffiti wall

Good Morning to you! The start of another week, I can’t believe it is already August. Ooo by the way I have just created August’s Code Club this morning so if you would like to shop on my Online Store then the code to use when spending between £25 and £150 is at the bottom of my post!

Last weekend it was Evan’s best friends birthday and Louis was celebrating his 12th birthday. A lot of my customers struggle with male cards and in particular ones for older boys and young men. Well my advice is don’t stress about the card too much - they are often much more interested about what is inside!! Joking aside - Louis has got used to me making him a handmade card every year and so has his Mum and they like to see what I come up with. This years was very easy with the addition of the Brick Wall Embossing Folder to our fab catalogue. I promise you it is a must have!

Edited to add - I made this card about a week and a half ago and only blogged about it this morning. I omitted to add that I must have originally seen a very similar design on Pinterest a lady called Lindsey - you can find her original post herePlease accept my apologies Lindsey, I have never been on your blog until today but I must have seen your fab creation on Pinterest and like many it stuck in my brain somewhere - not that there is much space left!
 To create this card I used a 14cm x14cm piece of Whisper White card stock and began stamping all over it with various different stamps (products used listed at the end of my post) and then I very gently inked up the Brick Wall folder with a swipe of the Smoky Slate ink pad and rolled it through the Big Shot - remember do your stamping first!
I haven’t used Pacific Point for an age but after a discussion with a lovely fellow demonstrator on what colours we use and don’t use I realised this was one of my most unloved colours but it worked perfectly for this make. The great thing about this card is that it’s flat for posting too.

Hope you like todays make, I am off to whip up a few creations in my craft den this morning and tackle the pegging out of the washing!

I have opened a new Code Club for August and the code to use is  SCVAC3K4  please use this code when prompted when shopping online with me and spending between £25 and £150, a gift will be sent to you in September. Please do not use on orders over £150 as you will qualify for your own Stampin Rewards. For my local customers you can still take advantage of this and email me your orders which I will process at the end of August and you too will receive a free gift

Julie
shop now

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

  1. It's a great combo isn't it? Your card is incredibly similar to my original. I'm flattered x
    http://lindsey-doodlings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/graffiti-birthday-greetings.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Julie... and agree with you that the Pacific point is perfect for the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card! Have to admit when I saw this embossing folder this is what I immediately thought of, a graffiti wall with maybe the skater boy for cards boys. I imagined people a done and I note you always credit people, I imagine you and Lindsay just had similar concepts along with dozens of others. It's not nice when someone insinuates you have copied their card. Anyway your card is fab! X

    ReplyDelete