Wednesday 9 April 2014

Hello Sailor!

Ahoy there! Last night I held my Tuesday Club and we were a little smaller in numbers due to school hols in the Leeds area and a couple of my ladies are ill :( 
During April I am attempting to do all Male themed cards and this means the Tuesday Club don't escape! A couple of weeks ago I purchased some of the By the Tide product suite to use in my Scrapbook Club at the end of the month. I must admit it's not a fave of mine and neither is the Pacific Point colour but I forced myself to purchase a full pack of card and use on all 3 cards at our Tuesday Club! Here is the first one! I saw the Hardwood stamp transformed into floorboards with the addition of some lines and dots to look like nails. I did a lot of inking along the edges to give it an olde worlde look! Happy to report the stamp set and colour have grown on me!
 The new striped ribbon from the Spring/Summer Catalogue is really nice and fits in perfectly with this nautical theme. As usual I had the Linen Thread on standby and tied a little bow to pinch the ribbon in, a little technique I like to do! The banner was stamped with the Hardwood again but this time in Crumb Cake for a more subtle look. Inside even got a little bit of treatment too!
I blogged this last night and scheduled it for today as I am on a day out with my dance partner to Blackpool Tower to practise our moves whilst Robin is at home with the boys, so I cannot even tell you if my ladies liked it last night - but I hope they did!
Julie
shop now
supplies

3 comments:

  1. Love how you have made them look like floor boards! I am definitely looking forward to seeing all your masculine themed cards as I find them so hard to create. Thank you for always sharing your ideas. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this card Julie - the floorboard treatment gives a whole new use for the hardwood stamp. Enjoy your day out today.

    ReplyDelete