Friday 5 August 2011

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my Dad's birthday. He doesn't read my blog (I don't think) but I think he will have opened his card anyway! My Dad is really into cricket but as we don't have a cricket stamp (I keep asking) I decided to use the Sail Away stamp from the mini catalogue.

My Dad really likes blue so I used Marina Mist and I teamed it with Cajun Craze and Crumb Ckae

The Dad lettering was done with the Timeless Type alphabet in Cajun Craze.

I decided to use some of the twill tape which I think is fab for male cards and I don't use it often enough (we are going to use it at next months scrapbook club) and I had a go at punching a hole through it with my crop o dile and adding some Jumbo eyelets.

As you can see in the photo below it went through fine and I like the effect, and its very nautical as they remind me of portholes!
I also added the stars (great punch for male cards) and some buttons with the Linen thread, I love this product and love the little bows I have tied.

I got my combo from the COlour Coach which is a really useful tool that I turn to again and again.
Hmmmmmm which combo to use next!

Hope you like my card and I hope my Dad does too!!

See you soon

Jules x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze
2. Papers – Marina Mist, Crumb Cake DSP
3. Stamps – Sail Away
4. Embellishments – Linen Thread, Twill Tape, JUmbo Eyelets in Pewter, Buttons in Marina Mist and Cajun Craze
5. Tools – The Big Shot, Top Note die, Timeless Type alphabet, Star Punch, Crop o Dile
6. Mediums – Chocolate Chip ink

No comments:

Post a Comment