Friday 15 July 2011

Happy 40th Ellie

Yesterday was my lovely dancing friend, Ellie's 40th birthday. We went out to celebrate this last Saturday evening at the local ballroom where we enjoyed an evening of dancing and laughter!! I arranged with the ballroom to decorate a few tables in one corner with balloons and other "adornments" as my friend Bev called them, to surprise Ellie!!

It was her actual birthday yesterday and we celebrated again at dancing last night, giving her this card and a gift token for a dance shop!

Ellie's favourite colour is purple/plum and she makes no secret of it, everyone seems to know!! So I decided that it had to be Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant!

The card is a large 8x8 inch card blank and the ballroom stamp is non-SU, sorry but we dont do a ballroom stamp!!!

I used the Fun Flowers die and added the 40 to the centre of it. The sentiment is from Curly Cute and Ellie's name has been done with the Timeless Type alphabet.

I even did some more sewing on the card too!!! Ellie also loves her bling so I made sure that there was plenty of it on her card!

I also made a gift voucher holder to hold the voucher we bought for her from the Dancewear shop. Will be back with that tomorrow!

Hope you like

Jules x

Supplies Used: (All Stampin Up! Unless Otherwise Stated)
1. Card – Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
2. Papers – Perfect Plum DSP
3. Stamps – Curly Cute
4. Embellishments – Rhinestones
5. Tools – The Big Shot, Fun Flowers die, TImeless Type alphabet
6. Mediums – Perfect plum ink and marker, Basic Gray marker

2 comments:

  1. oh beautiful card! love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the sewing, and great colour combo too! and the name is fab, I need time to play!! :-)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete