Saturday 3 January 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge Number 1!

Happy Saturday!!!!
I made this card yesterday evening for the Sugar Bowl Blog challenge.
I was sticking to the orignal sketch so well and then I opened up the card and realised I had it the wrong way round!!! Anyway, read the blog and it says you can rotate the sketch!!!! Phew!!!
The image is of course Sugar Nellie Skater Boy, I always need boys cards so opted to go masculine!!! The papers are Spiced Cider from Stampin Up, double sided and great for male cards!!! The colour combo is Really Rust, Old Olive and Close to Cocoa.
I have coloured the image with my Stampin Up Inkpads and doodled round the edges with co-ordinating markers. Edges of paper have been inked with Close to Cocoa in and the stars have been cut out on my Cricut (I havent treat myself to the Stampin Up Star punch yet, must do that!!!) I have used a Really Rust button with some linen thread. Sentiment is from the Stampin Up Starring You set.
If you would like to order any products dont hesitate to contact me at julie.kettlewell@ntlworld.com
Hoping to do Sketch Saturday later on!!
Jules
x

14 comments:

  1. Great card love the rotation of the sketch what I would call a happy accident. Sue :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Julie, love the colour combination. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Julie the colour scheme look great. Love the papers and the Skater boy is coloured beautifully.
    Hugs
    Jill x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Julie,like the stars :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is FAB Jules, love the papers - such gorgeous colours
    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Isn't it just the way - I'm always getting the sketches the wrong way round :) Just call it your interpretation of the sketch and no one will notice LOL. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Jules, love the papers...wonderful. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Jules I love it love the papers and sentiment and whoo hoo i think Ive got that one coming in next pressie box too LOL

    hugs Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fabulous card!! I haven't seen many boy ones ~ this is fantastic!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge and good luck :)kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and coloring! That is a cute image that you used. Very different to see a boy card :) Thank you for joining the challenge. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Julie & look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    Happy crafting
    Lorraine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jules
    What a gorgeously sweet card!
    Thanks so much for joining the first challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
    Happy New Year
    Sugar Mama x

    ReplyDelete